Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm not doing well

I got up and ran this morning, but it was not fun. The C25K program had me running 8 minutes, walking 5, then running 8. From how I've done the past few workouts, it shouldn't have been a problem, but I didn't make it the full 8 minutes either time - only about 6.5. It's discouraging, because I know the workouts are only going to get harder, and I thought I was doing better.

It wasn't lonely this morning on the track, though. I usually only see one or two other people, and I counted 6 others out there this morning. That's a lot, especially for my neighborhood. And three of those were younger people, which is also unusual - it's usually a bunch of seniors out there. That was a nice twist to my morning.

Maybe the next run will be better.

Running Recap:
Time: 28:24
Distance: 2.19 miles
Pace: 12:57 per mile
Weather: SO humid
Songs:  
Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot
Supermodel (You Better Work) - RuPaul
It's Tricky - Run DMC
I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
Lump - Presidents of the United States of America,
You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
Hey Ya! - Outkast
This Is the New Shit - Marilyn Manson
(I'm discovering that I really really like cheesy music when I run...)

1 comment:

  1. Randi, those disappointing runs usually mean the next run can only be better. There will be tough ones along the way. You did well, don't sell yourself short! You did more than in your last run, and you'll do more the next time. Some days are better than others. You're doing great, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete