Monday, August 1, 2011

My Saturday morning run

We were down in Brookhaven this weekend at my inlaws, and they live way out in the middle of nowhere. I decided to run Saturday morning, and Mike and my brother-in-law's dog Cooper joined me! We ran down their driveway to the main road and back again, and it was right at 1.5 miles. We didn't go until almost 9, so it was SO hot and humid outside. I wimped out when we reached the house and decided to go back in and get a shower instead of doing another 1.5 miles. It was nice to have Mike and Cooper as a distraction, and it was so pretty running along their gravel driveway in the trees (and seeing deer!) instead of seeing and hearing all the cars at my house. I also discovered that Mike is in much better shape than I am. However, Sunday morning I felt fine, but he said his legs were killing him. He's decided that no, he doesn't want to keep doing this, and I doubt I'll have company for awhile!

Running Recap:
Time: 20:27
Distance: 1.54 miles
Pace: 13:16 per mile
Weather: SO humid and very sunny
Song Highlights: Ice Ice Baby, It's Tricky, I'm Too Sexy, Dani California

1 comment:

  1. My husband is the same way. I think men just tend to have an easier time of it than women, especially those of us who have had kids! :) Keep up the good work, Randi!

    ReplyDelete